Oodle is committed to helping people safely buy, sell and trade with one another in accordance with applicable laws, policies and regulations. If you find suspicious or questionable content on the site, please use our 'report fraud or abuse' links to inform us about any problems. We may take technical and legal steps to remove the content and/or keep offending users off Oodle.
Specific behavior that is prohibited on the Marketplace is described below. Also refer to our Terms of Service
for our spam
and user conduct
- Keyword Stuffing. You may not include lists of keywords in your listing for the purpose of matching against unrelated search queries.
- Affiliate Linking. You may not post listings where the primary objective is driving users to a website monetized by affiliate programs.
- Over Posting. You may not post multiple listings where the content is substantially similar to existing listings. This includes posting the same ad to multiple regions.
- Managed Apartment Rentals. We currently restrict professionally owned or managed Rental properties from being listed within the Marketplace. This content is exclusively provided by our partner ForRent.com. Managers can contact ForRent.com to have listings shown in the Marketplace on Oodle or Facebook.
Communication Between Buyers and Sellers
To protect buyers and sellers, Oodle monitors email communication between users and automatically generates notifications when fraud is detected. This system is very effective and we do not allow users to bypass it; therefore, we apply the following rules:
- Email addresses that appear in listing content are hidden.
- Phone numbers that appear in listing titles are hidden.
- Listings with images that contain any type of contact information are prohibited.
- Listing with links to external lead-generation forms are prohibited.
Items that are specifically prohibited on Oodle:
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
- Animals, plants and insects that are regulated or prohibited for sale under applicable laws.
- Blood, bodily fluids and body parts.
- Embargoed goods.
- Items designed to be used to commit a crime including not without limitation burglary tools, false identification and items used to manufacture illegal explosives or controlled substances.
- Material that infringes copyrights, trademarks or other third party rights.
- Misrepresentations and counterfeit or fraudulent items.
- Material that contains obscene material, child pornography or is harmful to minors.
- Prescription drugs, medical devices, controlled substances, illegal drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading claims that might require FDA approval.
- Services or merchandise that promote hatred and violence against specific groups of people.
- Services or merchandise that promote Penny Auctions.
- Services that are illegal including without limitation prostitution.
- Stocks and other securities.
- Stolen goods or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Weapons (including but not limited to firearms, martial arts weapons, silencers, ammunition, disguised or switchblade knives, BB guns, stun guns, paintball guns, or tear gas) and weapons parts.
- Items containing hazardous substances or pesticides.
- Traditional drop-side rail cribs described here.
- Items that restrict transfer (such as tickets or coupons) and items you are not authorized to sell.
- Items that promote multilevel marketing schemes
- Items used to solicit email addresses for use in spammy or unrelated marketing programs
- Content that can intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Fair Housing Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.